Sunday, February 1, 2009

A Woman Apart


I've come to a conclusion. Sometimes one must compromise to stay relevant. I wouldn't say that I hate blogs or blogging or bloggers. What I will say is that I have been secretly fighting a war against blogs. I don't read them. I don't log on to see parents recent attempts at photography of their children. Don't think me cold or bitter... consider fearful or timid. Afraid I would be pouring hours into participating in a short lived craze I shunned blogs. As my good friend Stock used to say "If your scared go to church." Even though church had worked in the past somehow, this time, it was not the answer. I had to face this fear of blogs head on and stop acting like an asshole and start a blog already. What's the big freakin' deal anyway? My final push was an email I received this past week from a friend. Since I don't want to use real names without permission and to protect the innocent, we'll just call her Schmeslie Schmalentine. Her email was a link to a blog that she found entertaining. Knowing that Schmeslie is not easily amused I was intrigued. Schmeslie was right. This blog was genius. Funny annecdotes on all of my favorite guilty pleasure shows and more... irresistible. Schmeslie, if you're reading this, I hope you have comfort in knowing that your email was not in vain and has opened a new door in my stale housewife existence. A woman apart I am no more.

No comments:

Post a Comment